As technology continues to improve and evolve, using online and mobile banking is becoming more and more common. As the popularity of online and mobile banking continues to rise, MBT Bank wants to help you feel more comfortable with online and mobile banking by understanding the benefits and how you can keep your accounts safe and secure.
Benefits of mobile and online banking:
- View account balances
- Make transactions and make payments
- Transfer funds between accounts, including credit lines and loan accounts
- Track spending and purchases
- Receive and save electronic account statements
- Uses passwords, pins and built in security features to maintain privacy, safety and security
As far as security, online and mobile banking offer very secure platforms to do your banking. As online and mobile banking continue to mature, so do the security measures. However, there are some security measures that you can take to even further protect your online and mobile banking accounts:
- Create a username/login and password for your online bank account that are easy for you to remember, but would be hard for others to understand. The use of capital letters, symbols (&,$,#, etc), numbers and phrases tend to increase the strength of your username and password.
- Set up a password or pin to unlock your cell phone or computer.
- Avoid banking or sending banking information while using Wi-Fi in public places, such as coffee shops. You never know how secure public Wi-Fi can be.
- Research any app before downloading it, including banking apps and leisure apps. Be aware that some apps ask permission to access your personal information, such as your contact list or GPS location.
Enrolling for online and mobile banking can help make your banking experience easier and more efficient. If you ever have questions about your online banking or are interested in setting up online banking with MBT Bank, please stop by or call us today!